Wednesday, September 18, 2013

365 Inspirations—261: Returning to Paleo

I've gone off and on the Paleo diet. What happens is that I tend to go on it and feel so great that I somehow believe I can eat a chocolate croissant and then chocolate anything and then I just pretty much eat whatever I want, which is nice, but not always agreeable to my system.

So it's the battle of what I'd like to eat (with no restrictions) and how my body reacts.

I talked to my mother today. She went to a naturopathic doctor and found out, after several tests, that she was gluten intolerant. Stomach problems run in our family. She is primarily eating a Paleo diet now.

I know I feel better when I cut out sugar, grains and coffee and eat Paleo. When I just stick to meat, veggies and fruit and maybe a little yougurt, I feel so much better.

But then I get bored and want to start eating things that don't agree with me.

Today I ate a turkey patty and steamed broccoli for dinner. That was enough for me. I'm not a huge eater. I felt pretty good after that meal.

I've decided to give the Paleo diet a go again. I don't know how long I'll keep it up, but I believe my health and body are worth it.

Do you have any dietary restrictions or complications with diet, or do you just eat whatever you want regardless of how you might feel?

No comments:

Post a Comment