Monday, September 16, 2013

365 Inspirations—259: Living in the Light

Ruins of Machu Picchu
Ever since we came back from Peru, I feel very light and calm. I don't know if it is because we have descended from a very high altitude and all the oxygen in my lungs is making me feel extra high and happy, but I feel so good.

During our trip we were blessed by a shaman at a ruin that was pre-Incan. We were high up in the mountains. I still feel like the blessings I received are with me. Again, while trekking over Salkantay Glacier at 4,600 meters, our guide, a true Quechan who was born on the Inca Trail, blessed us each at the summit. He chanted and placed coco leaves for each of us under a stupa and left these leaves at the top of the mountain.

These blessings and this light and feeling of lightness has been following me around all day. I feel absolutely like I'm walking on clouds.

I'm not sure if I'll ever come down....maybe I will, maybe I won't.

I know life is bound to have its ups and downs. I don't have any expectations.

Yoon and I are about to go through some major transitions, but I'm not afraid.

After all, we all have to go through transitions, the biggest one being the end of our lives.

I've decided, while I'm here on earth, to walk in the light. Even when there are thunderstorms and lightening, I will find the light. I've let go of trying to control the wheel. I completely believe that life will show me the way.

This doesn't mean that I won't make plans or do things, it just means that I'm not hanging on to the outcome. This makes my life much lighter and it brings more light to my world and the world around me.

Afterall, we are all connected. How we live with this life we have is so important. I choose to live in the light, even when it seems like there is only darkness.

I believe and trust that things will be okay.

Do you tend to be an optimist or a pessimist? How does being one or the other affect your life?


No comments:

Post a Comment