Friday, September 6, 2013

365 Inspirations--249: Beginning our Trek to Machu Picchu

This morning at 5AM, we are heading out for a three night four day trek to Machu Picchu. Yesterday I got traveller's diarrhea, but I feel a little better today. Since our time is limited, we are only doing 3 nights four days of the Salkantay Glacier. Twenty years ago I did the Inca Trail hike to Machu Picchu and this time we'll attempt the Salkantay Glacier trek.

My only apprehension is that I'm a little ill and that not the best to be for hiking out in the wilderness, but I'm going to believe that I will be just fine and the trek will be amazing!

We are going with a guide and porters. We will most likely spend our last night in Aguas Calientes, a hot spring resort at the base of Machu Picchu.

Off we go, I'm going to try and keep these inspirations going, but if for some reason I can't get connection out in the bush, I may be on a short blog hiatus, but I will try.

Tune in here to read about our journey to Machu Picchu.

Have you ever gone trekking and slept out in the wilderness?

No comments:

Post a Comment