Saturday, May 25, 2013

365 Inspirations—145: Make New Friends, But Keep The Old

Tonight at Monsoon Restaurant in Bellevue
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."—Anais Nin

Okay, I've seemed to have bounced back into life quite nicely. I'm back to my old self (see last two posts if you are wondering) and was able to go out and celebrate a BIG transition for a good friend. She's not only leaving her job, but she's about to embark on a journey to foreign lands, perhaps even a journey around the world. She's starting in Europe and has several hikes lined up in Norway, Switzerland, France and later in Iceland, but after that she's just going with the wind.

I remember those days. In fact, I still feel like I'm living that life. Aren't we all really? Do we all really even know what will happen tomorrow?

Since we don't know, why not live like that? Why not stretch out of our comfort zones and go somewhere and do something we might not normally do? Why not meet some new people?

Anyway, our dinner was at a lovely restaurant called Monsoon on Main Street in Bellevue. I grew up in Bellevue and haven't been back for years, so it was interesting meeting NEW people in my old stomping grounds.

This was a celebration for my friend Katerina, so I knew some of the people there tonight, but I also met some new people. In fact, two of the people I met tonight are now my friends on Facebook and one even works at Facebook in Seattle. I didn't even know there was a Facebook branch in Seattle. You learn something new everyday!

The food was delicious and the conversation was lively. I felt inspired to be with people who are all doing interesting things. I think we can receive so much if we just step out of our own boxes and connect with others. That's why I write and blog! Tonight I was reminded of how important it is to actually do this in person too. There's something about the energy of people when they get together and start to share in an interesting, creative and positive way.

I hope to interview my friend Katerina soon on this blog about her upcoming trip.

Katerina and I at Monsoon Restaurant in Bellevue
 I have been meeting so many inspiring people these days and want them all to be here on this blog as part of my inspirations for this year. Lots of great interviews and stories coming up! Stay tuned.

Have you stretched out of your comfort zone and met anyone new and inspiring lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment