Sunday, May 12, 2013

365 Inspirations—132: There's No Place Like Home....

"No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow."—Lin Yutang

I know I've written about home before, but it deserves another mention. We had such a great trip, but it's always good to come home and sleep in your own bed. We had to wake up at 4:00 in the morning because we had a flight out of Las Vegas at 7:00 and the shuttle was going to pick us up at 4:50.

As soon as we got home, we hit all our favorite haunts. We had sushi for lunch and while my husband was teaching a yoga class, I went to the Korean supermarket and made him his favorite Korean soup. After dinner, we actually walked around the neighborhood and admired everyone's yard.

Sadly, our yard needs a bit of help. We have two lawnmowers in the garage that are defunct and a weed wacker that blew up right before we left. Yoon got half way done with the backyard when it started smoking and then just stopped.

This weekend, rain or shine, I want to go buy a new mower and get our yard back to the shape it should be in this time of year. My husband Yoon used to LOVE to garden. He did it constantly when we first moved into our house. Now he has such terrible allergies that he doesn't dare try, so I'm going to take a crack at it this coming weekend.

It's a little overcast right now in Seattle and there's a bit of rain. All the plants and flowers are growing wildly, so things need to be pruned or cut, otherwise it gets out of control.

So good to be back and now I'm going to click my heels together like Dorothy and perhaps I'll be transported to my bed! So tired...good night all. More soon!

Did you have a nice weekend? Do you like to spend time at home and in your yard or garden?

3 comments:

  1. I did have a very nice and relaxing weekend (aside from the homework). I don't have a large yard at the place I live now but the place I am moving to in June has a nice fenced-in back yard that I will make lots of use of :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having just returned home after being out of town, this quote is particularly meaningful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no place like home!

    ReplyDelete