Tuesday, October 29, 2013

365 Inspirations—302: Starting Again

“We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us. The old skin has to be shed before the new one can come."—Joseph Campbell

One chapter is over. My husband cleared out his yoga studio and moved everything to our house. I was at work while he did this with several friends.

I came home to a living room emptied of furniture. He will be teaching yoga in our living room so he had to move out the sofa's and soon the dining room table will most likely be moved to a bedroom. I loved our cozy living room, but I'm willing to surrender these things for the time being so that my husband can start a new chapter.

He has quite a number of students signed up to take yoga classes in our living room. The classes won't start until after November 18th because we are both going to The Hawaii Yoga Festival on The Big Island of Hawaii where we will be featured teachers.

After that, yoga will begin....

My husband is starting again with a much bigger following than before. I believe it was not the place that attracted so many people, it was him. Wherever he goes, I know many of the students will follow.

The rent for his studio was outrageous and the fact that he kept it going for almost four years is a miracle. Now he won't have so much overhead and he will gain a little freedom.

This new setup will take some time to get used to, but I'm always up for new and different things.

Now I really won't have an excuse to miss yoga. It will be in my house!

Have you ever had to start again? What was the situation?

2 comments:

  1. Katherine,
    Congratulations on this new evolution in your path! I sense that exciting new ventures await both you and Yoon, not just a reframing of the past.

    Take many deep breaths and be patient. The mountaintop will find you both and I suspect today marks the advent of closer connections between yoga/writing/Buddhism/teaching and community building.

    Of course you are not starting over. All that was will flow into Now. Life is additive and not subtractive.

    I believe that love is the central kernel in the wheel; in fact the key to unlock everything. And love my dear one you have in abundance; both coming in and going out!

    It is all very exciting. I am happy contemplating how much joy you and Yoon will continue to bring to others.

    Bonne chance and many happy trails,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine,
      These words touched my heart very deeply. Thank you for sharing them and letting them flow.......I so appreciate it!

      Delete