Wednesday, October 9, 2013

365 Inspirations—282: We Are Alive and Experiencing Life

"We are alive and experiencing life. It is a blessing."—Seong Yoon Lee (my husband)

This is my husband's status update on Facebook today. I would be lying if I told you that I am feeling full of energy at 10:49pm. Today was a very loooonnnggg day. But I'm alive and I'm experiencing this moment. And yes, that is a blessing.

I am still writing this blog. I'm still here. I'm alive....

Perhaps we take our lives for granted at times. We expect everything to be as it has always been.

Today, for lunch, despite our busy schedules, we went downtown to Pike Place Market to meet some friends who almost didn't make it.

Both of them were in a plane crash and miraculously survived. One of them was severely injured. Seeing them today at lunch reminded me of how precious life is and how easy it is to take life for granted.

It's so easy to get swept up in busyness and forget that our heart is beating,  that we are breathing and that life is pulsing through our veins. We forget that our bodies are naturally doing their things.

Life is always with us, so close to us, so we've become accustom to it.

Today I was reminded of how fragile life is. Seeing our friends today, I was reminded of how important it is to spend time with people and to connect with one another and really BE where we are, in every moment.

Today I let go of all the things I had to do and really looked around at where I was:

A French restaurant with friends in Pike Place Market on a beautiful fall day in Seattle eating creme brulee. Red, yellow, orange on the trees. Sun on my face, boats on the water. Lovely students in my class and now I'm sitting here typing this post. I'm feeling my fingers on the keyboard. I feel an ache in my shoulders and a pain in my feet from being on my feet teaching for four hours, but I'm glad to be feeling something. I'm so lucky to be alive and experiencing this life....

How is your life in this moment?

1 comment:

  1. I walked two miles this morning with my husband, stopping for a latte. Beautiful day. Colorful leaves. Lucky me!

    ReplyDelete