Friday, June 21, 2013

365 Inspirations—172: Summer Solstice, Full Moon and Collaging

"You are a volume in the divine book
A mirror to the power that created the universe
Whatever you want, ask it of yourself
Whatever you're looking for can only be found
Inside of you."— Rumi

I'm still here and I seemed to have had a turn around. Yesterday I felt like I wanted to go back to the city and now I'm fully immersing myself in this solo experience.

I walked around the lake, meditated, almost finished my second book proposal, stared at the sunset out on the end of the dock and gazed at the moon. I heard frogs and crickets and people actually swimming in the distance. I guess that's one way to celebrate the first day of summer—go for a night swim! The water was like glass and I loved sticking my hand in the water to create perfect rings that got bigger and bigger as they moved away from me. I wandered up the driveway and sat for several minutes staring out at the full moon. All is so calm here.



I felt moved to collage. It's something I love to do. It's a great way to access the right side of the brain and just play! Many of the images of the collages I've made in the past have become real images in my life.



I haven't spoken to many people out here and suddenly while I was in deep concentration and focused on my art work, my cell phone buzzed. It hasn't buzzed much since I've been here. Hardly anyone calls and I guess that's good. It means I get more work done.

Just as I was pasting the Eiffel Tower onto my collage, my friend from my writing group texted me from France at 11:00pm. I found that very interesting!

Here's her text:

Hi Kathy, I've had limited internet, so haven't posted on FB. Here's a pic of the entry to a 12th Century village in the South of France that I explored yesterday.....


And here's the photo:


I feel like I'm there with her. I will be there in the not-so-distant future. I feel lots of traveling happening soon!


In my collage I also included the Big Island of Hawaii. I got an e-mail today from someone there. I'll let you know what that's all about later. Lots of manifesting happening out here at this lake house. I feel good things on all fronts.

Happy first day of summer everyone, hope you enjoyed the solstice and are enjoying the full moon. I'm headed outside again for some star and moon gazing before bed.....good night!


Did you do anything special for summer solstice or the first day of summer?

3 comments:

  1. I celebrated my six-month anniversary with Lisa and we enjoyed the moon. Great moon shot by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats Keith! Six months is an important number to celebrate. Glad you enjoyed the moon too!

      Delete
  2. I sang in the summer solstice in a tiny village church here in France. Posted about it on my blog:http://www.melangedmagic.com/2013/06/fete-de-la-musique.html Do you know the name of the village in your photo? Looks intriguing and like a place I'd enjoy exploring as well. Glad you decided to stay on retreat...it takes awhile to unwind from the city!

    ReplyDelete