Wednesday, June 26, 2013

365 Inspirations—177: Cleaning Out the Refrigerator

"Life is denied by lack of attention, whether it be to cleaning windows or trying to write a masterpiece."—Nadia Boulanger

After being gone for so many days on my retreat, the refrigerator looked like it might walk off on its own with all the produce sprouting new things that it shouldn't.

It felt so good to clean it out. Cleaning the fridge felt like cleaning my soul today.

I even turned some overripe bananas into banana bread instead of just throwing them away. The result came out pretty good.



I sorted through the mail and recycled everything that was junk. The pile of mail had formed a mountain on our dining room table. I took out the recycling, trash and compost.

I washed dishes, cleared the dining room table, and tidied up the living room.

I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER!

I don't know what it is, but if the house is in a state of disarray, I simply can't think straight.

There's still so much more to clean and organize, but I'm going to call it a day for now. At least the home is livable now.

I even went to the grocery store down the street and picked up a few things for breakfast. I want to get up early and cook my husband something special.

Do ever feel the need to just clean EVERYTHING? When does this inspiration to clean usually strike for you or do you have regular cleaning days?

2 comments:


  1. When I was younger and say, studying for an exam or working on a long paper, I *needed* a little bit of chaos around me, as in chaos of paper, notes, books, you name it. However, the older I get, I am more particular about my surroundings being uncluttered and fairly organised. In fact, if I am feeling stuck on a piece of work/writing, I spend sometime clearing things up (especially in the kitchen!) and immediately feel my mind clearing up...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Love your blog. I did the same today, cleaned out my fridge and de-cluttered the lounge. I feel great too! xx

    ReplyDelete