Sunday, June 23, 2013

365 Inspirations—174: Time to Go

"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another."—Anatole France

 I'm heading home tomorrow. That will be 5 nights and six days that I've been out here at the lake. It's been peaceful and productive. I haven't finished everything, but I've done enough.

Today I hit a few walls and wondered what I'm doing altogether. Should I continue to blog here? Should I turn in my second book proposal or scrap it?

I'm nearing six months of blogging every day.

Can you believe that?

SIX MONTHS........

So I thought, maybe it's time to stop everything.

Kinda like when Forrest Gump just stopped running and all the people who had joined in on his run along the way didn't really know what to make of it.

But then I thought, it will change. Things change every moment.

Some days you feel like stopping and other days you feel like running.

That's just the way it is.

Besides, I have some really great interviews coming up by some inspiring people and pulling the plug on this blog would mean you couldn't read those awesome interviews.

So I'm going to wait and I'm going to keep going for now because that's what feels right.

Hope you are still here ;)

But one thing I know for sure.....time to leave the cabin and go meet some real live people!

Can't wait.

Do you blog? If so, have you ever stopped your blog for any length of time or called it quits completely? Would you ever do that? 

18 comments:

  1. Always so many decisions. Hope everything works out. Trust your instincts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your writing! Yes, I have taken breaks -- usually a week at a time-- from blogging. It's hard for me to do. But I think it did help. I'm having some writer's block, as you know (thanks for your comment!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the good luck Tina. I hope you get over your writer's block soon!

      Delete
  3. I enjoy your blog, Kathy! Your discipline is very inspirational to me. I'm a very low-key blogger and will go weeks or months without blogging. My purpose is different, though. I use it more like a journal of my art projects, and also as a way to connect with other artists through blog hops. Good luck in whatever you decide to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie. I am so happy you enjoy reading my blog...it makes me want to continue. I love your art and need to stop by more often to check out your blog!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I Marika, nice to see you...I'm so happy you are HERE!

      Delete
  5. I don't blog every day (except in April), so I'm not quite in your league. But there are times when I quite blogging for a while, usually if I'm in pain or very tired.

    As for you, don't stop believing in your dream.

    Blessings and Bear hugs!
    Bears Noting
    Life in the Urban Forest (poetry)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't stop believing...he, he! Thanks for the bear hugs! Right back to you!

      Delete
  6. I have so been at the place too Katherine...do I keep going or do I stop....
    it usually is at a time when things are not looking like I would want them to...once I get to that place of realization...I go one : )

    blessings as you continue to walk this out
    love and light

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Cat. I think sometimes when life isn't so great or there is pressure or stress, there's a tendency to want to stop everything. I realize though now that that is LIFE. So I'm going to stick with it and blog about whatever comes.

      Many many blessing to you too! Glad you are also continuing as I do like stopping by your blog.

      Delete
  7. Yes, I've left blogging for extended periods. I've always intended to return and I have. When I don't blog, I miss it.

    You'll make the right decision - to blog or not to blog. I'll stop by more often, try to catch those interviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would miss it too Myrna. I know I get so much from it and I like the connection with other bloggers!

      Delete
  8. I have never had a blog so I can only imagine how at times it might feel like work instead of enjoyment. I totally love reading your blog but it has to be what is in your heart to continue or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sincere words Karen and for being here and reading....it makes me want to keep blogging! I appreciate you!

      Delete
  9. Don't stop! If you do, I won't know when you're coming to France!! That being said...as a blogger myself, I know how difficult it is to do it every day. I simply can't think of anything interesting to say some days...so I don't say anything! But I've never stopped for an extended period of time (except when my computer was out of order.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to keep going Evelyn and before I come to France I most certainly will let you know about it!

      Delete