Sunday, December 8, 2013

365 Inspirations—342: Dreaming of Snow...

On my way home from a meditation course last December! I woke up to snow!
"The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of a world and wake up in another quite different, and if this is not enchantment then where is it to be found?"—J.B. Priestly

It's cold enough to snow in Seattle, but we've had crystal blue skies for days. I know I should be happy about all of the sunshine and vitamin D we are getting in the Great Pacific Northwest, and I really am!!!

But I'd love a little snow, too.

I don't want the kind of snow that blocks traffic or causes accidents, just enough to make a few snow angels.

For the past several nights, I've woken up and peeked out my window expecting to see snow, but saw nothing.

I remember the days when we used to sit by the radio waiting for the announcement of school closures in the area and we'd jump for joy when we heard that our school had made the list.

I still do this to some degree. I'm a teacher at a local community college and snow days are still just as exciting. We now gather in the teacher's room at school and make predictions as to whether we'll miss a day of classes when the weather report calls for snow.

We are at the end of the quarter now, so I'll officially be on vacation starting Wednesday. I kind of hope the snow holds off until then because there's so much to get done at the end.

While heading to work a few days ago, I was in a grocery store parking lot and saw the first few flakes fall to the ground and melt right there on the spot, but that was about the extent of the snow.

We have snow in our forecast here for Tuesday, so I'll keep you posted.

Do you dream of snow days and are you excited when the snow starts to fall?


2 comments:

  1. Where I live, snow days are very rare. But...we've gotten a couple of light snowfalls this week (no school cancellations, though). I love snow and really miss it sometimes. I grew up in the midwest and it's nothing but cold there most of the winter. So, yeah, sometimes it's really nice to have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so neat how in tune mine and your posts often are!!! I posted a snow post this morning and am now catching up on yesterday's blog and I see this wonderful post of yours. YES I LOVE SNOW!!! It brings out my inner-child :)

    ReplyDelete