Sunday, December 1, 2013

365 Inspirations—335: ELEVEN straight months of blogging...

Blogging 365 Lessons in 2010 at my father's house in Florida

“Write every day, line by line, page by page, hour by hour. Do this despite fear. For above all else, beyond imagination and skill, what the world asks of you is courage, courage to risk rejection, ridicule and failure. As you follow the quest for stories told with meaning and beauty, study thoughtfully but write boldly. Then, like the hero of the fable, your dance will dazzle the world.”—Robert McKee


I've made it to December 1st. I cannot believe it. I've blogged inspirations for ELEVEN straight months. One month more to go!

I will say that doing this has helped me to see the positive. Blogging every day has helped me realize that even on days when I feel like giving up, running away, throwing in the towel, calling it quits, or hiding, there's a glimmer of hope.

Somehow I find something to write about.

Can I be my own inspiration this time?

I didn't give up, but somedays it was hard to get here.

I blogged right over Machu Picchu, found a way to blog when the internet crashed, blogged when I had jet-lag, blogged through final exams, blogged at airports, in hotels, on busses, blogged when there was nothing to blog about (but I still found something).

Writing everyday this year has taught me that I am in fact a WRITER. I can say it. I am proud of it.

And this is not my first year of blogging for 365 days. In 2010, I wrote 365 blog posts in the form of lessons!

I've taken most of those off my blog as they may become a book.

So that's almost TWO YEARS of blogging everyday.

That's 730 blog posts!

Will I do it again?

Probably not for awhile, if ever.

I think I'm ready to move on. I have BIG PLANS for the coming year.

I will let you know more about those soon.

Have you ever done anything for 365 Days? (Besides the obvious)

1 comment:

  1. My comment disappeared, here it is again.
    That is great that you accomplished such a strenuous goal.
    You asked what I do every day: I pray every day, several times each day. God is good to send us Jesus and His promise. John 3:16

    ReplyDelete