Thursday, April 25, 2013

365 Inspirations—115: Realigning with my Purpose

Signing books at my book launch at Yoon's Yoga Bliss last April, 2012
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."— Henry David Thoreau

It's easy to fall off the wagon every now and then. By Wednesday, my room looks like a tornado hit it! Clothes and things are everywhere.

I have the day off on Thursday, so I tidy up on that day. I even washed the sheets and did a couple loads of laundry today. I'm back on the wagon.

The weather was so nice out. It was up in the 70s and people were in bathing suits at Greenlake Park in Seattle. I really couldn't believe it.

Even though I was very busy this week, somehow I managed to walk around Greenlake, about a 3-mile walk, every single day! And today I even went to yoga class.

I've been reevaluating my priorities lately and I'm shifting things around to match the things that are really important to me. Life is too short to not do what makes me really happy.

While I've really enjoyed teaching ESL, I feel that I want to focus on my writing a bit more. I'm also doing many retreats and events with my husband. In the summer, I plan to reduce my teaching hours in order to spend more time working on my next book. I'm also leading a yoga/writing retreat at The Yoga Lodge on Whidbey Island in August with my husband. It's filling up and there aren't many spaces left!

I might go into hermit mode the last two weeks in June so that I can hunker down at my family's cabin on a lake and get some book writing underway. I'm very excited about my upcoming solo writing retreat. I have a feeling some wonderful things are going to come from my time there.

I will, however, keep the blog posts going because it is very helpful to write everyday, even when there is nothing too earth shattering to report. Part of my practice as a writer is to write no matter what is happening.

Do ever feel the need to shift directions? Is what you are doing now in line with your dreams?

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful to hear this Katherine!! I am in full support of aligning with one's dreams and doing whatever you can to make that happen. That has been my journey over the past year. It can be hard to let go of old roles and ways of being - but as a result, we open ourselves to all kinds of new possibilities! I'm very excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. I am presently trying to realign with my greater purpose and go in the direction of my dream. (sans laundry) lol.
    I love what you say about writing too- just write. I'm on it.
    Beautiful and inspiring blog.

    ReplyDelete