Wednesday, April 24, 2013

365 Inspirations—114: The End

"One always has to know when a stage comes to an end. If we insist on staying longer than the necessary time, we lose the happiness and the meaning of the other stages we have to go through."—Paulo Coelho

I made it to the end of the week. It's only Wednesday, but that's my last teaching day until Monday. I teach a full schedule Monday to Wednesday. Not only is it the end of the week, but it's pay day tomorrow!

How am I celebrating? I stopped by the grocery store and picked up a Kombucha (Gingerberry) and Saya Snow Pea Crisps and went straight home to type up this post. I put my hands on the keyboard and nothing was coming to me except the words THE END.

There's more meaning in those words than meets the eye. It's not the end of a life I'm speaking of, but perhaps the end of a chapter in my life. I've been getting signs that something is going to change.

I don't fear endings so much, because they also signal the start of something fresh and NEW. I think we  humans are so afraid of endings. We want to hold on to things until the bitter end, even if those things aren't serving us anymore.

For now, I'll take the end of the week. Off I go to sip my Kombucha and eat some Snow Pea Crisps in celebration of THE END of another day, another week (my week anyway) and another BLOG POST!

Are you afraid of endings? What endings have you experienced recently?

2 comments:

  1. At first when I saw "The End" I thought you were saying it was the end of your blog. Sometimes I get the feeling you would like to not have this burden to do each day.

    It is ok if you do it once a week or whenever you feel moved to. Let it go if that is what you really want. We will love you no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Blue, I LOVE my blog and writing it each day, but not every day is amazing and that comes out in my posts because that is how life is ^_^! Keeping this daily blog is VERY helpful to me in more ways than I can express! I'm taking one day at a time and so far so good. Big changes are coming my way, so that is expressed here.....I'm excited to blog about those changes!

    ReplyDelete