I've been thinking lately that I'm too busy to keep this blog, but then I remind myself that writing everyday is one of my goals. Also, writing about inspirations everyday helps me see that there are, in fact, wonderful things in my life. That my life, as it is, is just right.
Right for now.
And all I really need to do each day is "just write".
It doesn't need to be a masterpiece. It can just be a simple thought, idea or observation.
Today the things that seemed "just right" were these:
- Lying in the sun with my husband
- Having lunch, coffee and a walk with a friend who has just returned from several years overseas
- Taking a walk with another friend who is about to get married and have a baby
- The sun, the sun, the sun
- Blossoms everywhere
- The smell of fresh cut grass
- The comfort of home and silence
- Writing in my office, writing room, sanctuary
I think it's easy to forget all the wonderful things that are right in front of me and how easy it really is to just write. You don't need to think too much about it or try to shape it.
Just put your hands on the keyboard or pick up a pen....