Tuesday, January 8, 2013

365 Inspirations—Eight: Sedona, AZ

"If we look at the path, we do not see the sky. We are earth people on a spiritual journey to the stars. Our quest, our earth walk is to look within, to know who we are, to see that we are connected to all things, that there is no 
separation, only in the mind."—Native American, source unknown

The rain in Seattle has its own beauty, but I've been dreaming about Sedona. Ever since I went there on a yoga retreat with my husband and two yoga retreat participants, I've been thinking about it. So much so that I thought I'd just pack up and go. Perhaps the rain and drizzle are getting to me. It's not the best time of the year to be in Washington State. The summers are perfect, but the winters...well, you have to be creative. I'm actually pretty good at dreaming up things to do and making my time fun and worthwhile, even when it looks like doom and gloom outside.

Have you ever been to the Southwest of the United States? It's a magical place and I highly recommend a visit to Sedona. You can read all about my time here in this post from October. 

I think what impressed me the most about Sedona was the breathtaking red rocks against a crystal blue sky. The perfect contrast.

There was something magical about the place. Sedona is known to have strong energy as a result of the vortexes under the earth that even cause Juniper trees to take on a twisted shape.

I highly recommend hiking at one of the vortexes. It's breathtaking in more ways than one. My favorite hike was the one we did up Cathedral Rock. We hiked way up to a spot with a view. I felt so much energy at that spot and thought I had found my home.

I will be back one day. (Picture above is a yoga shot with my husband in front of Bell Rock Vortex)

Have you ever visited a place that was inspiring? Where was it and what was about the place that inspired you?

2 comments:

  1. I have never been to the southwest but I would really love to visit someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Optimistic Existentialist! So nice to see you here. I highly recommend the Southwest. Definitely worth a visit! I want to return already!

      Delete