Tuesday, November 12, 2013

365 Inspirations—316: The Sun and the Moon on the Big Island

Sunrise this morning from our ocean vista room
The sun and moon are rulers of our planet—they give life, regulate life and without them we would not be here. I feel a lot of gratitude for their presence here. I believe in my sun sign (scorpio) and moon sign (gemini). I am interested in opposites—darkness/light, sun/moon, chaos/clarity. I believe there is beauty in all of these things.

Here on the Big Island of Hawaii, the nature is so intense. It's pulsating and vibrating every moment. Out here in the middle of nowhere, we become all that is here. There's something very primordial about being here.

We drove along the coast and took photos of the dramatic sunset. We are not on the sunset side of the island, but we can still get the sunset colors.



Last night, it was a completely clear night with millions of stars. The moon illuminated the path Yoon and I were walking on. The silhouette of the palm trees gently rustling in the breeze as we walked on this path of light felt a bit surreal.

We are out at the very end of the point staying in the ocean vista accommodations at Kalani, high up in the hills with a view of the ocean. It's a bit of hike to the main facilities. Sometimes we drive it if the weather is stormy, but last night we felt like walking. We planned to go for a moonlight swim in the pool, a soak in the jacuzzi and a rest in the sauna.

Walking home again in the moonlight, with my body tingling and fresh from the night dipping, I felt so much gratitude and awe. How did I get here? How am I here in this place with such wonderful people and so much love?

It's hard to sleep on this island. This place is so alive. To connect ourselves more with nature, there is no glass, only screens on the windows. We feel every breeze, we are part of the rain, the Coqui frogs sing and keep the rhythm with the beat of our hearts. We are also alive in every sense of the word.

I arose for the sunset (something I rarely do). The rosy pink in the sky illuminated the ocean with the very same color.

I headed off on my own to Prosperity Yoga in the main yoga building. I decided to drive, since I was running late. On the way, I saw the teacher walking along the path. She was going to be late to her own class, but she seemed to be in a state of awe and wonder without a care in the world. She was listening to some lovely music when I picked her up.

"This is Kathy Zavada I'm listening to. I went to a retreat of hers on Mt. Shasta. It's lovely, isn't it?"

I felt synchronicity making its rounds again. Mt. Shasta is on my list for high energy places to visit. It's part of my book research for my next book.

I enjoyed the class immensely and gained so much from it.



Today, at 1pm, I teach 'First Thoughts: Intuitive Writing for Greater Clarity and Purpose.'

I'm excited to see how it all unfolds.

Have you connected recently to the sun or moon? What do you remember about your experiences?

No comments:

Post a Comment