Saturday, February 16, 2013

365 Inspirations—47: Breakfast

"I went to a restaurant that serves 'breakfast at any time'. So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance."—Steven Wright

Yes, breakfast is an inspiration to me because it is the ONE meal my husband and I always sit down for together. We are both teachers and we have evening classes, so we can't always sit down for lunch or dinner.

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day according to many experts. It's what we start with and can determine how the rest of the day will go.

I will admit that I'm not one to spring out of bed to make breakfast. My husband is the first one to get up, so usually he makes breakfast.

He often grinds coffee, slices fresh fruit, cooks sausages or bacon and scrambles a few eggs. Sometimes we have fresh baked banana bread I have made in advance. We often have fresh juice and I have tea instead of coffee.

This isn't a special breakfast for the weekend—it's how we eat every morning!

My husband also likes to turn on the classical music while he is cooking and sometimes meanders up the street to the newspaper dispenser on the corner and buys a paper.

We read the paper, eat slowly, chat about our lives and plans for the day. That's how we start each morning!

Do you eat breakfast every morning? Do you take time to sit down with family or are you usually on the run?

10 comments:

  1. hi katherine! you have a most unique blog title and probably a life to go with it.

    continued blessings wished to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry if you receive this comment twice--the first time I got an error message.

    I love breakfast foods, but I admit that I often eat in a rush. Many mornings you can find me eating a cup of yogurt while standing by the kitchen sink looking out the window! The way you and your husband cook and eat breakfast sounds more enjoyable and certainly healthier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds lovely, thank you for posting and sharing your lessons with us ;

    I feel that it is very refreshing to read our writings plus I always learn a bit with them.

    To be honest I am mostly on the run :P

    God bless you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eating breakfast every day has been a goal of mine, but I'm never hungry! My husband is like yours, he's up early and making it on most days. I agree with the above poster, the way you guys do it does sound enjoyable. Maybe the thought of sitting down in the morning with the hubby will motivate me to try to be a bit more healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never used to eat breakfast like this before I got married, but I like this breakfast eating ritual now.

      Delete
  5. I eat breakfast every morning but unfortunately I eat on the run 99% of the time. Probably not the best thing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can relate. I used to eat on the run all the time. I still sometimes do in the evening or for lunch, depending on my teaching schedule. If I can get at least one meal in where I sit down and really enjoy it, then I'm happy!

      Delete