Wednesday, February 6, 2013

365 Inspirations—37: Break Time

"Free time keeps me going. It's just something that has always been part of my life."—Gus Van Sant

This will be a short post because today is my heavy teaching day and I only have about an hour to write this post, lesson plan and drive myself back to school for the next half of my day which goes until 9:40pm!

No matter how busy I am, it is helpful for me to write these posts because it helps me to focus on the good in my day and to see that very simple things can be inspirational.

Today my break time at home before my next teaching stint has proven to be inspirational. I've had a bit of time to think about the direction I want to go in my life and to check up on e-mails. I haven't had a chance to talk to my mother in a while. She's a snowbird and just went down south for the rest of the winter and finally made it to her destination. I was glad we were able to chat via e-mail.

On my breaks, I gravitate towards writing and blogging, two of my favorite passions! If I have a longer break I get a walk in or practice yoga. I also love researching new and different things on the web and reading other people's blogs. 

No matter how busy I am, I find it crucial to have down time or break time. I try to carve this time out in my day. It's a time when nothing is really planned. It's a time to dream, ponder, read, write and take a walk in nature. Without this time, I would not be able to keep up with my busy schedule. I need this time.

I am grateful for my short, free time today and grateful for this break.

What do you like to do during a break or unplanned free time? What do you gravitate towards when you find you have a bit of free time?

4 comments:

  1. When I am on my lunch break at work, I usually watch my TV shows on Amazon in-demand lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of Amazon in-demand. I don't have TV hooked up, but would like to watch some of the programs I hear are really good. Maybe I'll have to check into Netflix and this Amazon in-demand!

      Delete
  2. I love breaks, too. I usually read, spend time with my kitties, and nap (I love naps!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE naps too, but don't get enough of them. Cats are another favorite along with books!!! We like similar things ^_^!

      Delete