Monday, December 31, 2012

Goodbye 2012!

Goodbye 2012! I don't even know where to start. It was one of the most amazing years of my life. So much happened. On April 3, 2012, my book Lessons from the Monk I Married launched into the world. You can see reviews of the book on this sidebar. That launch changed my life. Shortly after the book launched, I went on book tour with my husband to Washington, Oregon, California, New York, New Jersey and Baltimore!

I tried to keep up with weekly lessons on this blog, but I started writing monthly lessons instead and even that tapered off a bit. I wrote much about my tour and events on this blog in 2012.

In July, my husband and I started combining our talents and did a yoga/writing retreat on Whidbey Island, WA that was sold out! You can read about it here! We went on another Yoon's Yoga Bliss retreat to Sedona, AZ in October 2012. We recently got back from Las Vegas and Zion National Park over Christmas.

That trip inspired me to go back to the start. I started this blog in 2009 with the intention of sharing my thoughts in the form of lessons I have learned. On January 1, 2010, I announced publicly that I would be writing 365 Lessons on my blog. Writing every single day was such a challenge for me, but somehow I DID IT! That commitment and that resolution to write a blog post every single day helped me to complete my book, get an agent and a book deal. My entire journey from blog to book was written on this blog in 2010 in the form of lessons. That year of blogging is also going to become my next book called: 365 Lessons. The book is for ANYONE who has ever had a dream or goal in life and had the courage to start it and maybe even see it become a reality!

Writing a blog post EVERYDAY was so hard for me. I swore I'd never do it again. But here I am on December 31, 2012 with a new banner up on my blog. Oh boy, here we go! This year I vow to write EVERY SINGLE DAY for 365 days. But I don't want to only focus on my journey. I feel we are all so connected. The word "inspire" means to be "in spirit". When we really work hard at something, commit to something and complete our goal, we become "inspiring" to others. People are attracted to that energy of "the spirit that is in all of us." Inspiration is not something I own. It does not belong to ANYONE, everyone has this quality within them. This year I am going to commit myself to writing about the people, things, places and situations that inspire me. I don't know how I'm going to do it, but I vow to write:


1. One daily, inspiring quote from someone who inspires me
2. A daily blog post about a person, thing, place or situation that inspires me
3. How I will apply that inspiration from others to my own life

By doing this, I hope to connect to the inspiration that is in and all around us. I hope to share it here so that you may read about it and also become inspired to do and share great things in your life. I hope that you will leave many comments and let me know about posts you like or inspiring people, places, things or situations you know about and would like share. Maybe you'd like to share about something inspiring that YOU are doing! Who knows? What you share here might also become one of my 365 posts! The biggest thing I hope to happen is that we might all be able to connect through the inspiration that will be HERE on this blog FOR ONE WHOLE YEAR! I think 2013 is going to be a GREAT YEAR friends!

The picture from this post is from my very last walk with my husband in 2012 around Greenlake in Seattle. The birds on the lake represent all the inspiring people, places, things and situations that I have yet to encounter. The sky and calmness of the water also inspired me today. So there it is friends! I hope you will join me on this journey!


No comments:

Post a Comment