Friday, March 30, 2012

Countdown to Publication-3 DAYS: Booklist says, "This gentle book is full of surprises..."

THREE DAYS until blast off and advanced reviews are starting to come in. Here's part of the review from Booklist:

“Based on lessons learned from her own experiences, Jenkins, a blogger who spent more than eight years in South Korea, encourages readers to think for themselves, even as she acknowledges the significance of being inspired by others. In 10 concisely written chapters, she recommends lessons from letting go of expectations and trusting your inner voice to learning how to be happy alone…This gentle book is full of surprises…Part memoir, part spiritual journey, this (book) is written in an accessible and conversational style that should appeal to a wide range of readers…”—Booklist

This review will come out on April 15th , but I received it early from my publicist.

Thanks everyone for sending me photos of the book! All of you are so creative. Above is a photo from my friend Kate who is an actress in NYC and also works in an exotic pet store. This one was taken by the fish tank!

I don't know how I'll decide on a winner and prize for this photo contest. Ideas?

Anyway, with only three days left, I feel like I should do something book-related. But I have no idea what to do, so I think I'll go organize my kitchen cabinets! Perhaps I need a bit of a break.

Oh, and don't worry if you can't make a book tour event! I'm bringing you all along with me on this blog! Stay tuned!

5 comments:

  1. You're getting very good reviews, Katherine. That always helps. I saw the one at Amazon, and the writer appears to have liked your book very much.

    By time the day arrives, I fear you may find it an anti-climax. Not that I think you will, but there has been so much excitement already.

    Blessings and Bear hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the good reviews, Katherine! I'm so happy for you. I'm going to look for it for my kindle. Hubby and I are taking a little weekend trip to Zion Utah next weekend and it sounds like the perfect thing to read while we're there. Parked in a camping chair right by the river.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just checked Amazon and it looks like it may not be on kindle? That's ok, I'll pick up a hard copy at Barnes and Noble. That way, I can take a pic of it up at Zion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rob! Thanks for your kind words! Yes, lots of excitement already and I have a feeling it will continue ^_^! More soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori-So great that you are going on a trip to Zion! I'd love for my book to make it to Zion and have a photo there! It's such a beautiful place....enjoy!

    ReplyDelete