Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Where have you been? Shedding my skin....

"RECEIVING" by Francene Hart
Where have you been? Oh, that's right. I'm the author of this blog. It's been awhile. Truth be told, I'm in a very strange transition period in my life.

I have this strong desire to shed everything I own, burn papers in a big pile in the backyard, give my clothes to Goodwill, sell my car and hit the road.

Right now that does not seem too feasible. I have bills to pay, I have a job and I've created a life here. But this urge keeps tugging at me...keeps calling me...keeps telling me there's somewhere else I need to be.

I did hit the road for awhile actually. I took off for 10 days on a road trip with my husband to Northern California. We just got back last Saturday. My main purpose was that I wanted to be in the Mt. Shasta area for summer solstice because I'm working on a series of books and part of the first book takes place in that area. I'll have to tell you more about that later.

So what would you do if you had all the money in the world or it was not an issue stopping you from doing the things you want to do? Really, tell me....is there something you'd like to get rid of, let go of, do or be?

Here's what I'd do:

I'd move to the Big Island...a place that has been calling me for a long time. A place I've only visited twice. I would live or be close to a community of healers, seekers, yogis, shamans. I would write, work on my books, study healing arts, teach intuitive writing, practice yoga everyday, meditate, eat fresh fruits and veggies and live off of very little. I don't know if I'd live there forever, but at least until I was called to live somewhere else.

While I was in Mt. Shasta researching my next book, I met a conscious intuitive. My husband and I met her standing at the base of Mt. Shasta dressed in white. She seemed like any other person, but somehow she summoned us to come to an event the next day for summer solstice. I can't explain here all that went on at that event, but I will say there was magic. Things happened that defied the laws of nature and made me question logic itself.




Long before I visited Mt. Shasta, I had a dream I was standing in a circle of woman in a clearing somewhere on the Hawaiian Islands. The stars and moon were all above us. There was a wise woman leading the group and the rest of us were a mix of seekers, healers, yogis, and intuits.

That exact group of people from my dream were in a circle in that room near Mt. Shasta. There were about 30 people at the summer solstice event, but five or six of us, all drawn to the Hawaiian Islands, happened to sit together, yet we did not know each other. One woman who sat next to me felt like a sister. She'd left everything behind to live on the Big Island. The two women behind me had lived on Kauai and were feeling called to return, but did not know why.

I could just call this a coincidence, but I'm starting to listen more deeply to these events, signs, dreams, symbols, urgings and callings. I find that when I do things that don't suit me anymore, life does not feel quite right.

None of the urgings or callings make any sense to me, yet I feel so drawn to take this leap. There would be lots to figure out before I do it. I would have to leave my comfort zone...I don't know how I'd survive there. Basically I'm afraid of giving up what I know and have here.

So that's why I haven't been here in awhile. I'm just trying to take this all in. I think I'm in a gathering stage.

I've been working on a series of books...very different from my last one. These books are works of fiction, but will be based on my real travels to sacred places on the planet.

So what to do with all of this? How will it all unfold?

I do not know, but I'm listening and I'm ready. I can't force anything, I know that. I will know when the time is right...

Have you ever felt a strong urge or call to move in a certain direction or let go of something?

6 comments:

  1. This was a good question --if money were not an issue, what would I be doing? I thought a lot about that. I really do love what I do, playing music with groups and for patients. For me it would not be about moving somewhere but being able to take trainings and workshops and travel around more. I'd like to take a GIM (guided imagery to music) training and a Remo Health Rhythm training. I'd like to go on tour with a successful singer or band. I'd like to do a video like "Playing for Change" with a song and clips of different groups singing with me. I'd like to do a duo with Dave Matthews.

    Also yes I did feel a strong urge to move on years ago when I lived in Chicago. I was 28 yrs old at the time and felt strongly I had to leave there which is where i lived all of my life. It was heartbreaking to leave but I ended up in Virginia where I have been ever since and it was the right decision. How I got here was I took a summer job at Omega Institute in upstate NY and met friends here. The rest is history as they say! Good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Blue,
    Thanks for your comment! You should do all the things you mentioned...or at least some of them. Maybe I should too :) I'm 44, so maybe mine is a mid-life crisis or desire to move out of the comfortable and known? I don't really know...but I am listening. I'm paying attention more and I'm slowly letting go of what doesn't feel right..time will tell where it will take me! Nice to hear from you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy,
    You wouldn't need faith if you knew the result. The first time I went to Mt. Shasta, I felt it before I saw it. I lived there for a month once, many years ago, when I was searching...during my airy-fairy, Course in Miracles stage. Even saw saucers. Also ran around with the wife of Peter Caddy of Findhorn fame. I'm sure what you're going through is absolutely perfect, although a bit unnerving. You will take the leap. When you have a minute, you might enjoy reading my new entry on our class site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alan, I appreciate your comments from someone who has "been around the block"! I'm taking each day as it comes. I'm in a receiving (rather than doing) phase. I'll check out our class blog! Hope you are well.

      Delete
  4. I regularly feel the desire to do something different or be somewhere else. Those changes are not going to happen, given my age and health. But I can think about them, dram about them.

    Blessings and Bear hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you can think about them...and, to some extent, regardless of where you find yourself, you can act upon them. Age is a number and health is a state of mind :) I believe there is more to us than meets the eye! Peace and bear hugs to you Rob-bear

      Delete